post play

Bill Cooper wrote:

> With Ervin
> Johnson on the bench and the Bucks playing a small lineup the Celts
> tried to take advantage by going into the post with Walker, McCarty,
> DeClerq, Knight and Ellison.  The strategy was generally unsucessful,
> though, as few of those putative post players could get position, and
> the C's guards couldn't enter the ball.

This got me to thinking.  It seemed almost effortless for DJ and Ainge
to get the ball into McHale and Parrish in the post.  I don't think we
have that kind of skill now.  I wonder if it can or will be developed.
This may be a significant road block.

On the other hand, this team has exceeded my expectations by 2 months. I
thought that if they kept their composure, they would be playing like
this at the end of February, first of March.  I am impressed with both
the coaching and the response of the players.

Cool.

--

Peace,

Bentz