Re: Point Guards

I can not remember Pitino ever having a true point guard in his system,
except for  Mark Jackson.  I have said on many occasions that Pitino
system is not based upon a true point guard.  The point guard in this
system has to be a shooter first ( Billy Donovan/ Tony Delk) and a passer
second.  The offense is built on movement to allow one to drive for the
lay up or pass for the three. If Billups was still in College and Boston
needed a point guard who would you want Pitino to draft in next years
draft?
 Furthermore, I agree with theory of getting Stewart instead of Austin.
I think Austin might skip town, because of the beach life in Miami and
head to a warmer climate.  Remember, he played college ball in the state
of Arizona.

Greg
gh18@juno.com