Re: Point Guards

Point guards are born, not made.  Case in point, Jason Kidd:  From his time
at Cal and even in high school, he showed the instincts, intuition, and
intelligence
All learned behaviors.  I'm a therapist, I think that qualifies me to say that.
 Case in contrast, Dee
Brown:  For all his undoubted athletic talent, he might as well be playing
one-on-one, and no amount of coaching has changed that.
I refute that statement with David Wesley, who was more coomfortable as a 2, but, due to his size, had to learn the 1.  Hard work and dedication have made him a good 1 guard.
Those who counsel patience are basically right, but they do overlook one
thing:  If the Celtics had a true point guard, they would be absorbing
Pitino's system and developing both as individuals and as a team much more
effectively than they are now.
They are a young team.  It will take some time.  They will still lose some games they should win because of this. They will also win some games they should lose (i.e. Lakers).

Some people do seem to be natural at their position. But their predisposition is learned at some point, not innate.  It is my opinion that if an individual is truly dedicated, and works hard, they can gain the skills and instincts a position requires.