Cousy is better than Tommy H.

Personally, I think that Cousy is doing a better job than Tommy right
now, but that is not really why I am writing this post. (Actually, it is
kind of enjoyable to listen to both of them.) It seems to me that the
people on this list really believe that any negative comment is
1. Completely out of line
2. Actually spurred by some other motive and can't be a reflection of
the truth.
3. Might harm the team and therefore should be avoided.

The result is that objectivity is tossed out the window and dissenters
are burnt at the stake. Right now, Tommy Heinson is nowhere near
objective. He is a blind follower of Rick. I know that Tommy has always
be biased, (thats why we love him) but this year he has gone too far.
Cousy is absolutely correct that the point guard play on this team is
not very good. On offensive, they have made tons of mistakes, especially
in transition. I don't know if Cousy said this, or if I was just
thinking it at the time, but if the C's had a point guard like Jason
Kidd, they would definitely be a playoff team. Perhaps everyone is mad
at Cousy because he is pointing out a weakness that Chauncey, the third
pick, should be able to fill. The fact is, Chauncey doesn't seem to fit
this system real well. He will probably adjust, and he definitely has
talent, but it might have been the wrong pick. Maybe this potential
'mistake' is very subtly bothering people and Cousy is aggravating the
issue. But Cousy was a point guard, and therefore, he will naturally
focus on that position since he knows it best. As for his disaggreement
with Tommy, Cousy seems to be the one who is grounded, while I am not
sure that Tommy's toes are actually touching the ground right now. He
has be swept up in the hysteria.

Mike