Re: MERCER

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:52:17 -0500 (EST), you e-mailed me these
thoughts:

>Within 2 years this will be Ron Mercer's Team.  Not Kenny's and not Antone's.
>Mercer is a special talent.  The only immediate improvement i see he could
>make is to extend his range.
>
>Rich,,,

Absolutely Correct!  When i wrote the celtics article for Street &
Smith's Basketball mag, i did a lot of research on mercer.  He was the
only player pre-draft that was constantly viewed as being the second
coming of Michael Jordan.  Though nobody will ever fill Jordan's
nike's, Mercer is the only player i have since bird, johnson, and
jordan that has so much respect from his teammates.  They constantly
refer to him as special.

Mercer is a very smart player.  Anderson will bring the best out in
him with the feeds.  If i had to chose between giving the bug bucks to
mercer or walker, i would go with mercer.  If Antoine had half the
smarts with shot selection as mercer has, Antoine would be a Barkley
type superstar.

-steve
The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the PitinoPalace by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html
We're Back!!!!!