Re: Un Sportsman Like

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:24:12 -0500, you wrote:

>The Pacers beat Portland by 124-59. First time an NBA team was ever doubled
>up in the score. In football this is called piling on. I don't think this
>will go down as one of Larry Birds finest moments, and this may come back
>to haunt him this season or next. The sooner the better. Pros tend not to
>forget. This is done in college, never in the pros. Larry the great player
>that he was, is still a hick with his trunks off.

Actually, I think the problem was that Larry tried to take it easy on
the TB's.  His starters were a combined 20-35 in the game (a paltry
57%).  His problem (in holding down the score) was that his reserves
shot 29-42 (69%).  If he's just left the starters in, Indy might have
won by only 40 or so.

Bill C.