RE: Un Sportsman Like

I agree, I listened to this game, front to back, on Portland radio.  Portland could do no right.  Unbelievable after beating the Bulls in Chicago 2 days earlier.  Let's hope they stay down for tomorrow's game.  BTW the local TV channel added this game, due to interest in seeing Kenny.  A bonus Celtic game for me.

The radio heads last night stated that the Pacers did nothing to try to run up the score.  Yes they scored 124, which is a lot above their average, but Portland scored more below their average than Indy above theirs.  The Blazers just played the worst game an NBA team has in many years.

Regarding the piling on theory; it is not unheard of for College FB games to be 70-3 or BB games to be 60 point blowouts.  It is most fair to liken this debacle to an NFL game score of
60-24 or 55-7 like the 49'ers/Broncos Superbowl score of the early 90's.  Was this score unreasonable, when it was a given that the Broncos played so poorly?

Was Bird piling on? No way.  Was it an unsportsmanlike event? Ridiculous  Is Bird a Hick?  Maybe, remember he loved this reference years ago, and now that he lives full time back in his home state, he might not have a problem with this reference again.  I only hope the C's can stay high, and the Blazers low, to compensate for a blowout I witnessed last Sunday in Portland.

Greg