Re[4]: ANTOINE COSTING THE CELT's TWO POINTS A GAME?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: ANTOINE COSTING THE CELT's TWO POINTS A GAME?
Author:  "Shailendra K Mishra" <smishra@ix.netcom.com> at Internet
Date:    2/26/98 11:40 PM

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lee <Ryan.Lee@parexel.com>

> How can anybody get into a shooting rhythm if Walker is forcing a million
shots a game?

*By the same logic, how does everybody on the Bulls team stay in rhythm with
Michael
taking  28-35 shots?

I distinctly remember Jordan has a better FG % than Walker which means he can
put the ball in the bucket better than Antoine.  Also Jordan has a better shot
selection than Walker and when Jordan does force shots, they tend to go in. Also
when Jordan is double teamed he does something Walker doesn't do and he passes
out of it.  So his Bulls teammates ARE in sync because they get the ball more
than the Celtics do.

>Almost every close game the Celts lost (there were a lot of them) Walker
felt it
>upon himself to carry the team in the crunch when there were other players
>shooting the rock just as well if not better than himself.

*We lost 6 and won 9 games decided with a differential of 5 or less. Surely
with an improved
team chemistry we could have won 1/2 of the 6 that we lost. I don't remember
ending of all
of them so I can't say what Walker did or didn't do.

A Pitino team could lose by 11 and the game could still be considered close.
I can't remember specific games but the Celts had a few other losses where they
cut it to within single digits with a minute left only to lose by double digits.

> Even that Wizards
>game where he hit for 49 points, he was instrumental in getting the Celts
back
>into it but in the last few seconds he tried to drive on three people and
had it
>stripped.

     Check your facts, Walker was fouled out in the Wizards game.
     *  You burnt yourself with this argument.  This was the one game that
     where Walker really pissed me off the most so I remember it the most.
     Walker fouled out right after he tried to drive in on a triple team
     with 30 seconds to go.  The point guard (not Strickland, the backup)
     stripped Walker when he tried to use his behind the back dribble and
     as Walker tripped to the floor he grabbed the guard by his shirt.  Of
     course there was a good 15+ seconds on the clock and the Celts were
     only down by a point at the time so they could have set a play up.

> Want more evidence?  How about the Hornets home game after he hit that
game winner in
> Boston against the Wizards?  Score tied with a minute left and what does
Walker do, drive
> in on Mason with 15 seconds on the clock and lose the ball (although he
was slightly
> bumped by Mason).

*He could also easily have had a layup or a foul. Walker is the goto guy on
this team who has the
confidence to make the game winning shot and who is to say that Pitino won't
have called the play
that way.

I already said the play could have gone either way.
There's no question that Walker has confidence but he needs to understand what
he can do and what he can't do with the ball.  The last umpteen games I have not
seen Walker hit a shot outside of 5 feet from the hoop.  He has missed almost
every shot outside of the paint (didn't see the Kings home game so I'm not
including that ).  I'll give him one thing, he's reduced the number of 3 point
shots taken which has allowed the stronger outside shooters to take more 3's.
With Anderson as point now, the Celts are smarter with their plays and they
manage the clock better since Walker doesn't have to run the offense now.

     > I do think Walker has potential but an all-star he is not.
Well I along with many who voted him to all star ballot disagree with you.

This last statement is an opinion statement and since everyone is entitled to
their opinion, there's no need for me to argue this one.
                                                     - Mishra