Re: Pitino/Antoine

>"Uncle Odie" <ttfn11@hotmail.com> writes:
>> >Pitino needed Anderson, because Anderson knows how to run a pro
>> >offense. Billups and Pitino do not.
>>
>> Too bad that the Celtics did not know about your expertise, I am sure
>> that you would have commanded slightly less of a salary than did
Pitino.
>> Since this team will now have time to gell, you will start to see
>> results & can begin to eat your words.
>>
>> It takes time to learn this system.  Be patient & good luck on your
>> coaching or point guard career.
>
>You tell him, Uncle Odie!  The guy has never been an NBA coach, so what
>right does he have to offer his critique of an NBA coach?  Like he
>even knows what he's talking about!  The nerve of some people!
>
>That said, I don't want to ever hear *you* criticize your president,
>senator, local school committee, or boss unless you have served and
>proven your aptitude in a similar position.

You have a decent point.  However, please remember that my objection
stems from the statement that RP "does not know how to run a pro
offense."

If I would criticize (my president, senator, school committee)by  saying
that they do not know what they are doing, then you would be right.  If
I criticize my local school committee (were you at this meeting?)
because they want to switch to "Outcomes Based Education", (which I
oppose) then your point would not be valid.

The bottom line is that I am *not* saying that we can't disagee, but
that if someone makes an outlandish statement (Pitino does not know
anything about pro offense), they are opening themselves up for
criticism or sarcastic posts.  As for myself, I will, from time to time
make posts which people object to.  I welcome all contrary opinions.