Anderson

An all out fun game to watch. The Kings folded. It was nice to see the
Celtic starters relaxing on the bench for the final minutes of the game.
They were smiling and laughing at Edney who drove the lane and got fouled
with 2.2 seconds left. Pitino gave him a hard time when he came off the
court (in a joking manner).

After the game Mike Gorman interviewed Anderson. He said he was happy to be
in Boston and happy that RP lets him play his game. I think this is a great
marriage between a point guard who thrives in this style of play, a young
team desperately searching for offensive leadership, and a coach who is
tough, but works to his player's strengths.  KA mentioned that RP leaves
him alone offensively, but is tough on him on the defensive end. KA also
said that he thinks that Mercer is a great young player and he likes
playing with him.  He said that he thinks this team is going to be
great....this from a guy who has seen a lot! Gorman mentioned that he hoped
that this was just the beginning of the 2-man game with KA and AW.

Another note on the trade. RP said that he consulted with Cousy, Heinsohn,
and others about the trade and all agreed it was a no-brainer. That answers
the question about whether or not Tommy and Cous air the same opinions to
Pitino that we hear on the air on tv.....heck, RP stands right in front of
them during the game. I would think it would be hard NOT to hear them...oh
yeah, RP never stops yelling himself.

It's interesting to hear the players talk about the trade. You can tell
that they are excited about Anderson, but feel disloyal saying anything
that would even SEEM negative about Chauncy. They say things like...Chauncy
helped us out when he was with us, but Kenny gives us a new dimension.
Walter even went as far as wondering how good the team would have been if
KA was with them all year.

I would say that the trade was beneficial to the Celtics.

Theresa