women broadcasters

Re:  a question Kim asked and a response from Dorine.  As another woman who
is an avid sports, especially basketball fan, I note with celebration each
inch women gain in sports broadcasting.  I agree that there must be many,
many women who could do great play-by-play and have enjoyed a couple of
games called by women.  In general I hate the fluff pieces, whether in the
hands of women or men, and especially hate it when told that fluff (as in
the Olympics broadcasts, for example) is designed to appeal to women!
Jeez!  I see more and more women in the sports departments of local tv
stations.  As I said, women are only inching along and, as in most
businesses, there are halls in which they do not walk --- yet.  Most of the
women I've heard in sports are serious, intelligent, direct to the point,
knowledgeable about what they are reporting, and yes, let's find more of
them.

On anther note, here in a non-NBA city, we are lucky to get the box scores
and a paragraph or two on games.  This morning's brief report mentioned a
sparse turnout at the game.  True or not?  Are ticket sales way down again?
I thought ticket and season ticket sales went up once Pitino was hired.
Have there been any sellouts this year?

Aimee