Billups in Raptors' game

I saw the whole Raptors' game vs Grizzlies yesterday. Billups had
27 points, a career high. John Thomas did not dress for the game
and Rogers did not play. Dee was okay and played major minutes.

About Billups.....His shot was nice and smooth. He shoots with
tremendous poise and confidence, especially for a 21 year old rookie.
I am sure 6'3" or 6'4" he will always be a great shooting guard. May
be Larry Brown knew this and wanted a backcourt tandem of Iverson
and Billups as PG/SG intermixable players.

But Billups decision making and playmaking [taking nothing away since
he has to learn the raptor system if they really have one!!] seems not
that great. I realise that he is only 21 with just 2 year college play.
He again [as someone else pointed out here before] dribbled too much and
lost too much of the 24 second clock; also did the same curse .... up in
the air and lost in the paint stuff.

In an interview Billups said that he was sad to leave Boston. He said
that he had grown very close to Mercer, Dana and Pitino's family. He
had only great stuff to say about Pitino.

I wish Billups was still with Celts....hope that Kenny A. will prove
that Celts did not get a bad trade.

				Sashi