Re: Lakers vs Magic--State of the NBA

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> I just got through watching the Lakers vs Celtic game and have the
> following observations:
>
> 1.  Whoever on this list said we should get Outlaw was absolutely
> right.  The guy is a workhorse and played all 48 minutes.  I think he
> had 5 blocks, and a double double in points and rebounds.  Very
> impressive.

There was a small group of us starting that bandwagon. I have mentioned
that the Celtics should get him in every list of rebounder/blocker that
we could want. Don't you agree that hes a mature, more-dimensional and
best of all younger version of Dennis Rodman??

I saw him play Detroit, down by 12 with 2 mins left in the 1st half, he
stole, block and hustled for the ball, once he got it he passed it to
the BEST option on which there was a score on all of them, and they had
the deficit down to 4 at half, all thanks to Outlaw and the guys who
scored from his hard work.

The guy doesn't have to score, thats what makes him so valuable. He just
hustles all night long, does his job and finishes with great stats and
still even though he doesn't have to, he gets 10 points without trying!

> 2.  I get sick of NBC and the Bryant kid bull.  Costas is even just
> calling him Kobe now.  He made bad decisions and cost them the game by
> taking bad shots and not getting the ball to Shaq when Schayes (sp?) had
> 5 fouls.

KB - krazy Bullshit, the new Kobe Bryant anti-rap campaign slogan. Heard
it on the Lakers list, they're getting as sick of it as we all are!

> 3.  The refs were helping LA.  In cruch time when LA was making a run,
> they called a charge a block on Schayes and a travel that was one, but
> the same thing had run all day long.  It was if they were going to make
> sure LA kept the rally going.  More fuel to the fire Dorine started and
> I jumped on earlier.

They always help LA LA Land.

> 4.  Shaq's game is improving.  He is making good passes and is much more
> patient that I had seen him in games past.  The team let him down today
> by hogging the ball the last 5 minutes instead of getting it to Shaq.
> He may yet win a championship if he continues on this path.  I was
> impressed with his game today.  He made a nice turn around jumper (kinda
> looked like Chief when he dropped and spun to the baseline) and needs to
> keep working on that aspect of his game.

Yeah, I noticed last time the Lakers were on tv down under. He seems to
be trying really hard at it too, which even though he is a Lakers is
great to see.

> 5.  Isaiah wasn't nearly as bad today.  Maybe he is relaxing some.  Or
> maybe he just sounded good because he knew what Dailey was going to do
> the whole game.  But he was better today.  Yet, he is still no Bill
> Walton!  :-)  (Couldn't resist that, just had to see if anyone was
> reading this far down.)

Watch out for Isaiah to take over as an assistant or even head coach in
Portland over the summer.

> --
>
> Peace,

you to Bentz,