Re: teams status next season

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Sunday, February 22, 1998 4:30 PM
Subject: RE: teams status next season

>On the point
>issue I think this is the mistake Pitino made, instead of getting a veteran
>point at a reasonable price for Chauncy to learn under , putting him right
>into the fire was a bad decision.

Remember when I was trying to argue that very issue?  I kept getting replies
like he'll never this and he'll never that.  He's not capable of creating
his own shot, he can't penetrate.  Once someone even complained because he
was yawning during a timeout.  It's not his fault that he was selected by a
team and told to play a brand new position.  If he had a reasonable veteran
to learn from, he might have been just what the doctor ordered.  One thing
is for sure though.  You don't shoot 16 freebies as a guard if you have
absoultely no creativity.