RE: teams status next season

Warwick stated:

> Celtics definitely do not need a small forward. With Pitino wanting to
> play Toine there (thats the way it looks bringing in a power forward
> rebounder if he gets healthy next season and is re-signed) and will have
> Walter McCarty, Bruce Bowen, Dontae Jones and Greg Minor as backups, I
> see no reason to upgrade the position.

I don't think anyone was proposing picking Pierce, just discussing his
draft range.  As for the 3 spot based on what I have seen only Mercer could
play this spot.  Walker's game is inside where he has great moves not
outside launching 3's all the time.  Unfortunately McCarty is simply a
hustling version of Eric Williams, too small for the 4 spot, and not a good
enough shooter, or defender for the 3 spot.  Bowen although a Michael
Cooper type defender, can't shot from outside either.  Minor is for the
most part a terrible waste of cap space,  and Jones a big ?  With the draft
loaded at the 2 & 3 spots filling this with the best available player might
be the best decision, not trying to fill a center need and end up with an
 Acie Earl or Montross.  At least it gives us trade value, as we have seen.
Imagine if we were to land a Pat Garrity, Clayton Shields, Ruben Patterson
 or Matt Harpring and they turned into a Glenn Rice or Chris Mullin type
shooter from outside ? We aren't going to land a Tim Duncan as a big man so
we need to build in other areas.