trade analysis

I'm sure there are a lot of mixed emotions regarding the KA trade.  But
from my point of view, it is really up to KA whether the team will
improve with him on board. It may be true that he has had some problems
with his previous teams(Charlote, Portland).  But the bottom line is:
Does he have the skills to excell in the Rick Pitino system?  I believe
the answer is yes!  I really believe that he and Antione will make a
terrific 1-2 punch on offense.  It remains to be seen if that is also
true on the defensive end.  Kenny A. has proven in the past (especially
during his stint with the Nets)that he is an All-Star Point Guard.  If
he plays with the same enthusiasm as he did with the Nets then the whole
team will benefit. It won't be only AW who will benefit from his
playmaking but the rest of the team as well.  And now that DeClerq is
playing with a lot more confidence and Mercer finally having the peace
of mind since he's not on the trading block anymore (at least for this
season) the Celts will be running and gunning (and pressing) all the way
to the playoffs.  Whether we advance past the first round remains to be
seen but I'm sure nobody wants to face Boston coz they are capable  of
beating anyone, anytime on any given night.  One sad note from this
trade though, no more John Thomas.  I really felt he deserved a lot more
minutes that he got.  He is a (very) wide body that should have been
utilized more often. True, we get a Popeye jones in return but woudn't
it have been better to have both of them on the team?  Why not give
Dontae Jones instead?  I don't think he will be usefull in the Pitino
system since he is to "brittle" (re: knees).  Yes he can shoot, but can
he defend?  Now we have 2 beanpoles on board (Tabak, Knight).  Having
one was bad enough!  I was never a fan of Travis anyway.  I just coudn't
bare the fact that an ex-Laker is playing for us.