Thoughts on the trade.

We will absolutely rue the day we made this trade. Sure, we got 2 million in
cap room(as everyone seems so gleeful to point out to me) but who really
cares? It won't really get us anything great. And what do we give up? Chauncey
Billups, sure I know a lot of people don't like him, but personally I did. He
was learning the system more and more, and while he was struggling out west,
so was Antoine Walker; what are going to do, trade him too? And we got Kenny
Anderson, a guy who is still relatively young, but a guy is who is rail thin,
and not a great shooter. He is more of a point than Billups is at this point,
but keep in mind that Billups is about 7 years younger. I just wish Pitino
would have given this kid a chance. Gary Payton was god darned awful his first
year with the Sonics and if the Sonics had as much patience as Pitino did they
would not be a 60 win team. They would be in the 40 win area. Pitino better
get some patience and fast because this can't last forever. Chauncey was
yanked around from the season opener as far as trade rumors go and it only
stopped for 3 week period before the All Star break. And as much as Pitino
yelled at him; he kept a great attitude and never seemed to lose control of
the situation that he was in. He also wanted to have the ball going down the
stretch and made some big shots for us. He also could shoot free throws;
something that is somewhat lacking on this team. He also "took" FT's, another
thing that we lacked. We'll look back on this trade 5 years from now and
consider it a diaster. In fact each and everytime we play Toronto I hope
Chauncey absolutely kills Kenny Anderson in each and every meaningful
category, and afterwards he go in the locker room and laugh in RP's face.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Pitino is here, but let's face it; this guy has
about as much patience as LAPD. Oh, by the way, for a draft pick this year
watch out for Baron Davis, a 6'2" PG from UCLA. He is very athletic and
because of all of the talent the Bruins have, his stats aren't as good as they
would be under normal circumstances. He can really distribute the ball, and
can shoot and penetrate as well. He also is very quick and has great leaping
ability, he won the McDonald's Slam Dunk contest last year. He is a frosh, so
he could be there at 9 if he comes out. We could take him and let him mature
under Kenny Anderson for a couple of years while he gets better. Another guy
is Larry Hughes, a 6'5" PG/2G from St. Louis, who is also a freshman. But if I
were them, I wouldn't want to come here; Pitino might trade you after 51
games.

Take care.