Amen! Damn straight!

Dig this, from CBS Sportsline:

COACH PAT RILEY, these are nothing more than symptoms of
an epidemic crippling the NBA.
In the days leading to the trading deadline, Riley said the ugly
underbelly of the league became thoroughly exposed.
"The attitude today of the players is of no concern at all toward
owners,'' Riley said. "They are drafted, they say they love it
here and will grow with this franchise. It's a lie. As soon as
crunch time comes, they're off chasing (contracts). It hurts fra
nchises.
"The owners who have invested money, who get them
uniforms, who put them on private planes and put them in
first-class hotels, and create this platform for an individual to
become great ... this man who has taken the risk should be
getting some of the reward, too. Not just the players.
"If the players push this game to the point where none of the
reward is ever going to come back to the owner, then they will
all get out of this, and we will all be on a white sandy beach
someday.''
Riley said players who sour deals, players such as Kenny
Anderson, Seikaly and Hardaway should be dealt with harshly.
"ONE DAY, AND I CAN'T WAIT for the day,'' he said, "an
owner is going to sue a player and his agent for damages, for
killing trades or not wanting to go somewhere else. One owner
is going to win a lot of damages -- because that isn't right.
"In your contract, it says that within 48 hours you go. So if
you're starting to blackmail people, then I think somewhere,
somebody is going to be sued one day.''
Riley said he empathizes with teams that have to discard young
talent because of outrageous demands. It is a reason why
Hardaway wound up on the trade market in the first place,
why the Warriors were forced to move Smith to the 76ers.
"It's becoming insane,'' Riley said. "The players association and
the owners have to create a formula that is economically
feasible for both sides. There are going to have to be caps,
franchise players and transition players. Otherwise, it's going
to be totally out of control, and we're heading in that
direction.''
Ira Winderman covers pro basketball for The Sun-Sentinel in
Fort Lauderdale.