Trade/farewell

   I imagine I speak for many of us over-40 Celtic fans in appreciating Dan
Shaughnessy's column in Thursday's Globe about the meaning of the departure of
Dee Brown.  I moved from Boston to LA in 1976 and remember the twinges I felt
when Dwight Evans retired.  He was the last athlete to retire who had been in
a Boston uniform when I left.  And I'm not more than a casual baseball fan.
   So good luck, Dee and Chauncy.  May you have fine careers.  Thanks.