Re: Billups trade final. -Reply

Billups may very well be a better player when he is 27 (Anderson is not
28 yet). But why are you sure of this? NBA scouts, who do this for a living,
are very frequently wrong. Looking at a player's development over a
seven-year period is a difficult thing.

Anyways, even if he is better when he is 27, that is six years from now.
Pitino is not that patient and I'm glad for it. In the meantime we would
have to re-sign him and probably pay him a huge amount of money. This
way we have our floor leader right now, and time does matter - we don't
want to be on the ten-year road to the championship.

Anderson is having a rotten year by his own standards but that doesn't mean
by any stretch that he is over the hill and past his prime. Right now is the
age in which most players are entering their prime. I'm looking forward to
seeing him play. It's strange that people can be so patient with Billups and
yet deride Anderson before he has played a single game for us. Right now is the
age in which most players are entering their prime. Anderson has shown he's
capable of being an All-Star. Let's give him a chance to show it.

Alex