RE: Billups trade final. -Reply

These comparisons about Billups' first year (as a pro) and Anderson's
don't amount to much when it comes to long-term predictions. Billups
didn't even complete his first year as a pro with the Celtics; any
extrapolations of his abilities would be pure speculation. He may play
better, he may play worse, eight months' worth of data are not going to
show you a reliable trend. While I would have loved to see him as a
Celtic, shit happens (look at Wesley and Fox).

In return, we are getting a genuine point guard who was an all-star. He,
along with Derek (bad boy) Coleman made a pretty good combination for
the Nets not so long ago, until Coleman thought he was the second coming
of Jordan and had to be sent to the dog-house. Why not give Anderson the
benefit of the doubt until we've seen him play for awhile?

Don't get me wrong. For a team that put up with Acie Earl for a whole
season and Eric Montross for two, Billups' trade does look like a
trigger-happy event. In my opinion, he should have been given more time
to develop. But Anderson is not exactly part of the dung-heap either.
And Rick Pitino wouldn't make this move if he didn't have the best