Re: Clear-UP The Trade

At 08:12 PM 2/18/98 PST, bagaco@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>I have a question I know the players that go and that stuff, but the main
qiestion I have is KA contract staying completely to the Blazers and not
count against us on the cap, because that is what I heard. If some one could
clear this up it would be good.-Tony

GM Chris Wallace was on WEEI today and confirmed that the Blazers are paying
his salary for the remainder of this year and for next year, but that the
salary still counts against our cap.

No cap relief there, but that's $5MM/year he won't have to pay out that
Gaston may be willing to put towards re-signing Walker, for those concerned
about that.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net