Re: Kings game

JOzersky said:
> I realize none of us are thinking about last night's game, but it bears on
> the trade discussions.  Chauncey may well become an all star, but did you see
> how much smoother our offense ran with Tyus?  Kenny is much better version of
> tyus, and it's absurd to suppose that at 27 he's "too old" to play pitino

I couldn't agree with you more.  The Celtics are loaded with so much
young talent right now that they can't find playing time for everyone.
What they lack is a point gaurd and a center.  With Tyus leading the
break last night, it was light years better than Chauncy or Antoine
or Dee or even Dana leading the break.  Tyus knew where to go and when
to pass, not as well as a John Stockton, but at least he has a clue, which
is more than you can say for anyone else on the C's running the break right
now.  I don't know much about Kenny, but if he's a "much better version of
Tyus", and only 27, and can handle uptempo, I'll be happy with this trade.

Tabak has always played frustratingly well against the Celtics.  I don't
know how well he plays other teams, but he sure has given the Celtics fits.
If he can do the same FOR the C's, that's good news.  The only concern is
conditioning for these guys.  In the middle of the season, can these guys
get into "Pitino ball" shape?   The same would be asked of any trade, so I
guess that's a pointless question to ask.  Make the trade, then worry about
that later.

Jon Mc