Announcers

I don't mind Cousy or Walton....they're colorful anyway and generally
harmless with their words.  The one that really bugs me is Isiah Thomas. Is
it just me or is he TERRIBLE? For some reason he just rubs me the wrong
way. I really want to hear others assesment of him because I can't really
listen to him anymore.

He drones on about how this guy or that guy played in his basketball camp
or about how well he knows these guys, etc. He is biased toward Detroit
(that's even ok, if he had something to say). Is he trying too hard? He
also repeats himself. Example: three times on Sunday he talked about how
Dennis Rodman's family is the team and when the team is in turmoil, that's
the time that Dennis falls apart too. Three times using almost the same
exact words. Bob Costas calls him on things, so one has to wonder how
Costas feels about this rookie color commentator at his side.

Comments?

Theresa

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Telethons and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu