RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #71 -Reply

On Monday, February 16, 1998 10:20 AM, Steve Knight
[SMTP:Steve.Knight@tasb.org] wrote:
> No less than John Wooden said Bill Walton was the best player he had
> ever seen or coached. Give him his due. You may not like his
> announcing, but when healthy, the guy could play like no one else. He
> routinely made outlet passes off rebounds before his feet hit the
> ground. Name me one person today who ever does that.
>
> As for trades, I would love to see us pry loose an unhappy Grant Hill
> from the Pistons for Antoine, Knight, and some picks or others. I'd
> take Hill over Antoine any day, especially considering Pitino's
> system. Personally, I've seen enough  games from Walker where he
> shoots about 25 percent.  Any thoughts on Hill for Walker?

I would accept that deal. Hill is a proven commodity, Walker still has to
show he can do it without taking 25 shots a game.
Just because you are scoring 20+ a game doesn't mean a lot if you are
shooting sub 40% and even lower on 3's. I don't know of any other team that
would let Walker, McCarty & Knight launch away like they do at such a poor
%. . Whether Walker or Hill we need some additional scoring help and floor
leadership.