RE: Celtics rebuilding

.Peter Vecsey (I know, I> know) says that the Celtics continue to talk to teams about Billups and
> that the latest has Billups and Brown going to the Wizrds for Cheaney and
> God. God is a free agent after this year playing for the minimum, and
> Cheaney is free in '99 as opposed to Brown in '00. It appears that the
> Celtics get no real cap relief until '00. I think it's pretty clear from
> everything Pitino's said about "creating value" that Knight and Declercq
> are nothing but trade bait. Now if you're a gm, you're going to want to get
> something positive out of a trade that includes Dee "a serious cap problem"
> Brown. So,...if you had your choice, would you take Billups, Knight, or
> Declercq along with Brown? I'm afraid Billups is going either before the
> 19th or sometime this summer. Brown and Barros need to go. It could be that
> Billups = cap relief.
> Cheaney and God for Billups and Brown?
>
> Paul M

I like Shammgod a lot as a penetrating point, and would love to see him as a FA pickup or a swap for Edney.

 I have not seem much this year, but he isn't going to get a lot of time with the year Strickland is having.