RE: Anderson--NO WAY

I agree, Anderson is not the answer for us. He has been unhappy everywhere
he has been, and been out with injuries too frequently in the past 2 years.

On Saturday, February 14, 1998 10:13 PM, Gregory Odegaard
[SMTP:grodeg@kalama.com] wrote:
> I have watched Anderson out here for his time in Portland, and rarely
been impressed.  I don't agree that he is a cancer per se, he hasn't kept
up with the total arrests like most of his JailBlazers teamates did (none
that I know of), he was absolutely not a team leader.  When the team and
media were demanding someone, especially him stand up to the childish and
often illegal activities of numerous of his teammates (Rider, Trent, Uncle
Cliffy), Kenny would have nothing of his role as a potential leader.
 Sabonis better was suited for the role, except for the obvious language
problems.  When he arrived in Portland a few years back, Arthritis only new
a handful of English words.  The Blazers should not lack in this department
with the addition of Stoudamire.  Damon has stated today, he will be the
leader, and demand excellence from his teammates.  He would have fit in
nicely in Celtic Green.

> Anderson is a whiner, on the downside of his career, which was never top
5 PG material anyway, and looking to get home or to Disney World.  We don't
want him no way, no how.  He would never fit into Pitino Ball.  With the
money throw in, the Blazers made the steal of the year, in getting Damon,
for some low rent picks, Trent (who was gone as a FA anyway), Williams, a
surprise, and some of Paul Allen's pocket money.

> While we are at it; I feel even stronger about staying away from Trent.
 To use Mr. Kirby's own words, this guy is the real Cancer of the deal.
 His comments leaving town yesterday showed him to be the low class hood he
is.  He will miss playing with #1 hood Rider.