Re: Gorman

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorine Pratt <norine@sover.net>
To: Boston Celtics List <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Saturday, February 14, 1998 10:26 PM
Subject: Gorman

>As for Cooz, one more time - he's probably the best point guard to ever
>play professional basketball and his knowledge of the game is awesome.

I don't begrudge Cooz his say.  It's just that in that certain situation
when the player is blatantly trying to draw a foul and succeeds in that
effort, I could do without the criticism on one hand, and praise on the
other.  The fact that he was part of the Celtic Dynasty doesn't make him a
great analyst.  I do not dispute his overall knowledge and understanding of
the game.  Remember when Bill Russell was a commentator?  I loved him as a
player, but he was not my cup of tea as an announcer.  The transition from
player to announcer is not the most comfortable of switches.  Check Isiah
Thomas' work at the all-star game for example. (OOH & AAH)

>So he has a speech impediment?  So what?  You can understand
>him, can't you?

I have no problem whatsoever with his speech.

Cecil