Re: woohoo!! we won!!!!!!!

jmf@capecod.net wrote:

>         Cooz seems to be alot more worried than the rest of us, and a lot
> more pessimistic. He is quick to point out the negative and slow to point
> out the positives. You have to think Pitino has noticed this. One of Ricks
> first statements was he wanted to change the perception of the team to a
> positive one!! Does Rick have any say in who broadcasts these games( I think
> so). Look for a change next year, if it can be done under the existing
> contract with UPN.

Don't hold your breath on Cousy being replaced any time soon.He is
extremely popular in the corridors of power and amongst us 40 and olders
who remember his amazing playing abilities. He has always shot straight
from the hip and I have always admired him for that. I personally enjoy
the Cousy/Heinson pairing as they usually bring a smile to my face
throughout the game. I would rather  Cousy point out flaws and be a tad
pessimistic as it balances out Tommys tendency to cheerlead.Lets face it
the man knows what he is talking about re: the guard posistion. You
should hear some of the local teams that broadcast for the other NBA
teams! Here in Phoenix we have Al McCoy(Major Cheerleader) and Keith
Ericson(Dunderhead Color Man Extroadinaire!!) or the Indiana pairing of
Quin Buckner(Not Bad) but the Play by Play man is so bad that I had to
switch to the Mavs broadcast last night!! Mike Gorman and Heinson are a
fine announcing team at least to me. No we could do much worse and there
are not a whole lot better teams out there to replace them as it is.
Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike