Re: woohoo!! we won!!!!!!!

Cecil Wright wrote:

> I think Billups also had 9 assists.  Once near the end of the game, he shook
> his man, penetrated, and drew a foul.  Cooz mentioned again that Chauncy
> left his feet too soon.  On this particular play and at that late stage of
> the game, points were obviously going to be earned at the line.  Billups
> sank 2 and Cooz said "good job".
>
> Is anyone else noticing these hypocritic moments?  Would he be happier if
> Billups mastered the set shot?

It is amazing how the smallest thing can be pinpointed and generate an enormous number of posts.  In
defense of Cousy, he was NOT saying that Billups left his feet to pass.  He was simply saying that
CB jumped to shoot while he was too far from the basket; therefore, he didn't have all the thrust he
needed to take the hit and make the shot.  It's a comment that Cooz makes about a lot of players.
However, he praised Billups highly for driving to the hoop in that situation.

Cousy also spent the whole game raving about DeClerq's hustle and aggressiveness, but I've seen no
posts about those positive comments.  The large majority of posts instead criticize him for focusing
on the negatives.  Isn't that ironic?
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI

Are you connected with women's college volleyball? Visit
this site for a look at a talented potential recruit:
 http://www.netcom.com/~mdynon/Diane1.html