Re: woohoo!! we won!!!!!!!

Cecil Wright wrote:

> I think Billups also had 9 assists.  Once near the end of the game, he shook
> his man, penetrated, and drew a foul.  Cooz mentioned again that Chauncy
> left his feet too soon.  On this particular play and at that late stage of
> the game, points were obviously going to be earned at the line.  Billups
> sank 2 and Cooz said "good job".
>
> Is anyone else noticing these hypocritic moments?  Would he be happier if
> Billups mastered the set shot?

As I recall it, Cousy first praised Chauncey for taking it to the hole, then,
watching a replay, said something like "Chauncey still took off a bit too soon,
but [fill in praise for making a determined play at crucial point of the game]".
It didn't sound like anything other than a minor correction amidst praise. Cousy
criticizes Chauncey when he plays poorly, and praises him when the rook does
well.

I think your unconditional love for Chauncey is clouding your perceptions. It is
true that Cousy is often critical of players; however, IMO, he's an
equal-opportunity critic. He also offers a lot of praise - often more than he
should be expected to, considering that, from his point of view, most of these
players are nothing but ball-carrying, hot-dogging basketball ignoramuses.

K. Kveraga