Trash talking

I have been out of circulation a few days and missed this trash talking
thread.  But one of my favorites is the story X-man McDaniel told about
his rookie year. They had a good tape of this on one of the retirement
shows for Larry where they interspersed the actual footage from the
incident.  X was talking trash to Larry all game and the Celtics were
down by one with a few seconds to go.  The Celtics called a time out and
Larry called X over and said "Hey Rookie, see this spot, I am going to
hit the shot to win the game in your face right her."  Sure enough, the
Celtics ran the in bounds play and Larry drained a jumper from that spot
with about 1 second to go.  X said he never talked trash to Larry again
after that.

Larry was great at it, but he didn't do it in public like Reggie and
others.  He did it in a sneaky sort of way as a tool on the opposing
player, not for the fans.

--

Peace,

Bentz