Re: Dee for Dennis Scott

Jan Crocker wrote:

> I found this tid bit in the Western Confernce NBA Notebook @ ESPN Sprots Zone.
>
> "The Mavericks have decided they probably won't re-sign Dennis Scott once
> he becomes a free agent at season's end. The club has cleared Scott's agent,
> David Falk, to begin talking to other teams to facilitate a trade before
> the Feb.19 deadline."
>
> How about we trade Dee Brown straight up for Scott. Let him ride the pine
> for the rest of the season. Dont resign Scott and clear up $3,250,000.00
> that we can put toward a free agent.
>
> Dallas might bite at this seeing Brown scorched them the other night. Then
> again if Im the Dallas Mavericks, and Im told the Celtics are calling, I
> dont even think about picking up the phone !!!
>
> JC

I agree, except it doesn't quite work out cap wise, which is why i think
the Mavs were showcasing Anstey to the C's.

The thing fits if you look at it in this perspective.

The Mavs are a running team w/o a real point guard. They dont require a
point guard, rather a smaller running player who can get up and down the
court at a fairly fast rate.

When they need assists they put in Khalid Reeves, when they need
shooting they have Erick Strickland.

Celtics need another center, Anstey is a rookie getting more splinters
than court time.

Scott is involved in the trade, that is a given.

Whoever mentioned Muuresepp could be right, although hes alot like
Walter McCarty, so I dont really see him getting enough court time to
make it worthwhile throwing him into the deal.

Anstey is only thrown into this deal to make it work out cap wise. My
original thought before.

Good call Jan,

Warwick
--