Re: Celts Murder Mavs: much to little

Well Josh.  It seems that you speak a little double talk my friend.  CB
responds with a 13 assist performance, albeit against the lowly Mavs, and
you find it necessary to besmerch his effort, though you mentioned that
he was determined to prove to you that he can play the position, by
praising Edney's 6 minute effort.  Edney got the big men (As if we truly
have any) the ball where they like to get it, and where they can do
something with it.  Come off it man!  #4's usual flashy passes.

By your own admission he played a solid game so why the need to find a
fault in some form or another.  Either I just don't understand or you are
not being fair to Chauncey Billups.  What is it that you expect from
him?  More consistency?  It'll come as he gets more experience.  Your
point about Minor, though, is even more mind-boggling.  You stated that
Billups passed to him for his usual mid-range jumper, which Minor passed
up.  But then you said that he wasn't receiving the rock in those scoring
positions, or something to that effect.  What's up with that?

It's not like Chauncey has only played well vs the dregs of the league.
I'm not going to waste the space lauding his defense anymore, but he's
been equally impressive against the Knicks, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls and
Bucks.  Not exactly the league skinnies.

It's readily apparent that you have a distaste for him, but please be
fair when offering your observations of the game.  In fairness, though he
hasn't received much playing time, Edney has jacked up some pretty wild
outside shots which he has no prayer of hitting also this year.  Billups'
overall game is improving, whether you choose to note it or not.  I think
most fans on this list are aware of that.  You are entitled to your
opinion but again, please be objective when giving your analysis.  One
moment, you say he doesn't have, nor will he ever have, the required
skills to be a point guard.  Then when he shows that he does have such
potential, you denigrate his performance.  UNFAIR, MY FRIEND!

Cecil