Re[4]: another botched game...

     Finley is an exceptional athlete but he was more effective on Pheonix
     because he didn't have to carry the team.  Also the defense didn't
     focus on him with KJ, Manning, and Wesley Person all around him.
     Finley had a mediocre game with 18 points because the press kept him
     off balance the whole night.  The one three Strickland hit (1-5 3pt)
     was wide open so he wasn't really effective (scoring only 11 points,
     mostly from free throws).

       As for the Celts, this was as big a gimme game as it gets.  The Mavs
     are way down there with Denver and I'm surprised the Celts didn't win
     by 20.  The defense really created the offense here (55 % Fg for
     Celts) since a majority of the points scored were on dunks and
     transition layups.  Billups had 8 points (4-6 fg) and 13 assists which
     was the result of the press causing wide open layups.    Walker had a
     terrible offensive night and his decision making was terrible.  Mercer
     was wide open several times and instead of passing it he pulled up for
     a three.  Barros had a hot shooting night as well. I think he had 16
     points in 20 minutes of play.  The big story is the most obvious if
     you watched the game.  Dee was on fire.  32 points on 12-15 shooting,
     8-10 from 3 point "old" NBA range.  The weird thing was I was not too
     surprised at his performance.  Throughout his career he could always
     score 30 somehing points one game and go cold the next.  Also the
     Mavericks was the one team Dee actually had more talent than.  Then
     there's the fact that a majority of his shots were wide open but the
     main thing is that he hit his shots.  I was impressed with his
     turnaround and quick pull up jumper over the taller player in the last
     quarter.  I betcha Don Nelson didn't draw up any plans for Dee.  If
     Pitino plans on showcasing Dee's skills for a trade, last night was as
     good as it gets for improving Dee's trade value.  Oh by the way, in
     reference to Eric Strickland's pretty shot, Danny Ferry has a pretty
     shot too.