The generation gap

	Members on the list seem to be divided into two camps.  There's
the "Let's wait and see what happens and enjoy the ride and not make trade
suggestions because they may interrupt the positive growth that the
Celtics are making."  The other one is more like "If there's a trade that
can make us better let's do it and see what we can come up with on our
own."  I think the difference in philosophy may be due to the generation
gap.  I am 22 years old and probably a member of what many people call
"Generation X".  I have always been an impatient person and prefer instant
gratification over waiting patiently for things to just happen.  And I
make no apologies for being this way; it's who I am.

	I think some of the older members of the list have a tendency to
prefer the status quo and fear change.  As an example, (and I don't mean
to single you out Dorine) I remember over the summer how upset Dorine was
when we lost Fox, Wesley, and Williams.  She felt like she had no
connection to the new team and wasn't looking forward to this season.  But
as the team has progressed this year, she has enjoyed watching the team
grow and develop.

	My point is that we all have different philosophies about what the
team should do, what we as fans should discuss concerning the team, and
how the team is doing this year.  But it's unfair to tell those of us who
enjoy discussing trade ideas and speculation to stop doing it.  That's why
some of us are on the list.  (Actually my favorite part is the email about
personal experiences at games or with players and coaches).  In any case,
let's just live and let live (and not use too many cliches).

	I'll close by saying that if anyone is offended by anything I've
written, I fall back on my first ammendment right to voice my opinion.
But if I've hurt anyone's feelings, I regret that and apologize in
advance.

Jeremy