Re: slightly different three way deal

>If there is any
>truth to this, Orlando must feel that they won't be able to resign Penny
>this summer.  If we can get Penny Hardaway, I will eat my words about
>Pitino being a questionable general manager.
>
>Jeremy

I was under the impression that the Magic were trying to acquire Stoudamire
so Penny would stay. He said something about staying if, and only if, the
team got him some help. I think we can all assume that Orlando's screwed if
Hardaway leaves. They're the Timberwolves south and Hardaway is Orlando's
Kevin Garnett.The team has to make him an offer he can't refuse. But...if
there's any way the Celtics could acquire Penny without giving up Walker,
holy mother of mother, they do it! Now...I got off work early today and had
a vision as I was cycling home. Let's all assume that Shareef Abdur Rahim
is not going to resign with the Grizzlies. What's the Celtics' salary cap
situation look like at the end of next season, assuming that all present
contracts remain with the team? Will there be enough room, given that the
cap is going up, to sign Abdur Rahim before resigning Walker? Gaston's
gonna have to accept that it takes cash to win. Thankfully,....his cash,
not mine.

Paul M.