Re: Eric Chenowith (No Celts)

At 05:41 PM 2/2/98 -0800, Maurice wrote:

>I'm talking about this dude replacing the injuried LaFrenz (is he still
>out?) at the Center spot. The kid is a Freshman!!! Playing at starting
>center at Kansas as a Freshman is good. But guess what, I've heard he's
>also putting up the numbers, or is that just another story? I believe is
>name is something like Eric Chinowitz. Remember that name people! He only
>played two years of High School basketball. Where? I've heard in the Mass.
>area.... Oh yeah, just another thing, he's Dutch,...like Serge Zwikker from
>NC last year,... like All-Star Larry Bird,... like.... ME!!!!

I went to the Kansas/Nebraska game in Lincoln last Sunday (where Nebraska
out-rebounded Kansas, but couldn't make its free throws and layups, so they
lost 82-71), and Raef
LaFrentz was back for his third straight game, pushing Eric Chenowith out of
the starting lineup. And since La Frentz is back, Chenowith not only doesn't
start, but only played ten minutes versus the Huskers (and he looked okay,
but nothing like LaFrentz).

Dave Hughes
Host of "Late in the Evening"
Nebraska Public Radio