Hunter's stupidity

I have read some of the articles posted and at various sites and can
only conclude that Hunter lacks intelligence.  First he makes comments
about a rival league.  He represents a Union of NBA players and is
commenting on a rival league.  What kind of idiot is that.

Next he says that they are "only" 60 to 70 million dollars apart.  Well,
damn, I wish Billy was paying my salary.  Hey Billy, I only want about 1
or 2 of those million.  What kinda negotiation tactic is that?

Then he locks himself into 57%.  What kinda strategy is that?  First you
see the lock out because you are at 57%.  Then you say, uh, we want what
you just locked us out to agree?

How can he agree to anything after taking this position?  It looks like
to me that he has hemmed himself in very well.