Re: The End

In a message dated 12/28/98 7:39:22 AM Central Standard Time,
josh_ozersky@yahoo.com writes:

> The League's proposal caps upscale salaries at a
>  relatively low 12 million, even for the Michael Jordans and Patrick
>  Ewings who have been in the league ten years.
      Even with Ray's efforts to keep us updated, there are lots of things
about the union and league positions that are unclear, at least to me.  But I
think that the above statement is wrong. While there is a proposed cap on
high-end salaries, I think it is in terms of a percentage of the team cap, and
as the team cap goes up, so do salaries.  And the figure $15 mil rings a bell
somewhere, not 12 mil.  Maybe that's when the luxury tax kicks in?
     I'd love to see someone do a side-by-side analysis of where the two sides
stand at this point.  For some reason, I think they're closer than we tend to
think.