FRANCHISE PLAYERS

I don't know what the term “franchise player” is even doing in the negotiations.  That's a relatively new thing - probably dating since the days of Bird & Magic.  For me it has no place in the negotiations.  If a player is good enough, and lasts long enough, he would get more money anyway, but not the huge sums some of them expect.

I have never turned on the TV to watch Jordan either, and never will.  I'd be happy if the young players would stop trying to “be like Mike” and just try to be the best basketball players they can be.  The game itself, and the team, are what's important.  I watch the Celtics, and back a few years ago I would sometimes watch other teams, just because I love basketball, not because of any one player.  And, of course, the playoffs.  The more quickly they get back to playing the game the way it's supposed to be played and stop catering to these spoiled brat so-called “superstars” is the day I'm hoping will someday come.  Far as I'm concerned, the League has made them a good offer.  They should vote to accept it and get back to doing their jobs.

Dorine