Re: Pierce?

Peter,

I address this frightening question in my current Celtics Center
column at www.bskball.com.  Basically I say that since a class of free
agent rookies would completely disrupt the league (who would sign with
Denver?) and since the lockout is to whip the players into shape, such
chaos could never happen. (Pierce would almost certainly sign with the
Lakers.)  The owners of the lottery teams would insist that the 98
draft stand.

---Peter Delevett  wrote:

> I just was reading Peter May's latest column and had a horrible
thought: if there is really no season this year, what does that mean
for the players drafted last summer? Do their teams retain their
rights, or do they go back into the draft? What I mean is, IS THERE A
CHANCE PAUL PIERCE MIGHT NO LONGER BE A CELTIC??