Answering Josh: Why I Thinj The C's Will Have A Lottery Pick

It's a wide range of assumptions, with the first being that
some type of agreement will be reached between now and June.
Depending on when that agreement is reached, the C's will
either be playing in a shortened NBA season or preparing
for the draft.  If there's a draft but no season, I think
it's most likely the team's draft position will remain
the same as the previous draft, i.e. the tenth pick for
the Celtics.

If there's a season, I still see the Green Team as a denizen
of the lottery.  There are just too many questions to be
answered including:

Antoine Walker: Will he stay?  Will he go?  Who will they get
for him?  How many players will be traded along with him?
Can Pitino successfully integrate the new players into his
system in a short amount of time?  Will the new players be
in shape or will they be suffering from lockout lethargy?

The readiness of the present group of Celtics.  It seems
like other clubs' players are more solidifed.  They're working out
together; stayting in the same area.  The C's seem to be scattered about
across the country.  Clubs like Indiana should be able to get off to a
fast
start, while divided teams like the C's should lag behind.

The injury factor: Will the taxing Pitino system bequeath more maladies
than other coaching systems especially among players who may be out of
shape?

The expectation factor: People like Michael Holley predicted before the
lockout,
that the C's would win 42 games.  That's barely making the playoffs.
I think diehard Celtic fans have a tendency to overrate the talent.

Pitino's motivation: Will Pitino want to make the playoffs, or will he
he decide it's a joke of a season, and the best course of action is to
go for a high draft choice to obtain an impact player?

Ray