Re: A personal observation

At 08:54 AM 12/10/98 -0900, damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

>Oh...that's right...the reason the Celtics haven't gone to the conference
>finals in so long is because we'd rather have a nice, fundamentally sound
>team than  actually....win.

Just remembering back to the days when the Celtics were hovering on the
brink of bankruptcy because Walter Brown mortgaged everything he had to
keep the Celtics going, yet somehow, we won championships.  Maybe it was
because we had a team that just refused to give in, or up, to anyone--on or
off the court.

>Or perhaps I'm closer to an unsentimental realist.

Personally, I think people are generally closer to their wit's end.  Some
of the posts have been getting awfully personal, and maybe we all need to
metaphorically sit back, take a deep breath, and remember we're all
supposed to be on the same side--Celtics fans.

As for myself, I'm going to get a dozen chocolate chip cookies from Mrs.
Fields, some chocolate milk to wash them down, and think of something
positive.  :>)

poof...