Re: NBA Draft Update

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> The upcoming NBA draft lost a power forward, when Northern Illinois'
> 6-9
> senior center, T.J. Lux, announced he would apply for a medical
> redshirt
> because of shin splints.
> Ray

Shin splints are painful and take a while to heal (I had them recently),
but part of me still wants to say "gimmeabreak there girlie-man". Can TJ
Lux tough out an 82 game NBA schedule?   With that kind of attitude,
Larrry Bird should have played his last six seasons in the national
wheelchair basketball league. Kevin McHale played with a broken ankle in
the playoffs and to my knowledge never once drew attention or pity to
himself. Antoine is the only Celtics who hasn't ever missed a single
game in the past two years.

Those guys are freaking Boston Celtics. I hope TJ gets drafted by the LA
Flamers.

Joe

p.s. I don't know why I'm being so cruel and caustic lately. Have a good
weekend folks.

****