Re: Nuggets ideas

Odegaard, Greg M. wrote:

> This would be like any of us imagining that the LA Chokers could bring
> home a title.  Whether it is the
> Rocky Mountain air or LA Smog, fantasy land don't stop at these
> places.

Good analogy!

I was reading the old NBA.COM profiles of the "50 Greatest Players" and
came across an interesting anecdote in the feature article about Bill
Sharmin.  It basically said that ex-Celts great Bill Sharmin was the
coach of LA's first championship, was Fakers GM for two more
championships (when they acquired Magic, Kareem etc), and team president
for two more rings.

Anyway, my point is that as comparatively pathetic and laughable the LA
Fakers 6 championships are ("Rafters Baby"), they still needed the help
of a former Boston Celtic (i.e. someone who actually knows how to win)
to get them 5 of those 6 trophies. The late 60's Flakers couldn't even
beat our geriatric late dynasty Celtics with Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
and Wilt Chamberlain on their side (That's like having Jordan, Mailman
and Shaq on one team). Give me a freaking break.  Now the Fakers have
predictably reverted to their monstrously talented, hugely over-hyped
yet underachieving ways.

"Beat LA in 2000"

Joe

****