Re: Just a thought

Shawn Roth wrote:

> Everyone,
>
>   Just heard an interview with Brent Barry....What about trying to
> sign him
> during the signing period after the lockout.  That is if the lockout
> ever ends.
>
> I think I would rather sign Walker, but if we can't......
>
> Just a thought,

    I've always had the vague impression that the Barry boys (Jon and
Brent) really hate the Celtics, presumably because of their still
immature and petulant dad Rick Barry's old war stories. To this day, I
never understood why Jon Barry refused to play for Boston after we
(generously) drafted him in the first round. I've always lumped both
father and sons in the category of supremely shallow and self-righteous
ignorant jocks, the kind of guys that teammates want to punch in the
nose.

    Brent Barry and Antoine Walker may superficially share similar
hotdog qualities, but to even speak of them in the same breath (with
regard to their on-court talent) betrays a lack of appreciation of what
winning basketball requires beyond one-dimensional scoring. Saying
Antoine Walker is just a hotdog scorer is like saying Larry Bird was
basically only good at 3-point shooting (this is something a French kid
ACTUALLY  said to me the other day, after I told him that Larry Bird
could have guys like Scottie Pippen for breakfast). Geez, kids these
days!  (I'm not talking about you, Shawn).

Cheers,

Joe

check out my wife's furniture designs at:
http://members.xoom.com/Hironaka/

****