Cousy & Red

Sure there is luck, and lots of it, involved with drafting and adding
players to a team, but some managements like recent past Celts front
offices couldn't even recognize luck. This Celtic team didn't have to get
as bad as it did, management didn't have a clue. Arch rival Lakers, never
had much of a problem keeping up.
>Date: 26 Aug 98 10:17:37 -0800
>From: Peter Delevett <pdelevett@sjbj.com>
>Subject: [none]
>
>Enjoy this one from the ESPN ongoing series on the greatest athletes of
the century. Cheers, Peter.

>The funny thing
>                      is, the Celtics didn't want Bob
>                      Cousy. They skipped drafting him
>                      and picked him up only by a blind
>                      draw after Cousy's first NBA team
>                      folded. Red Auerbach should be
>                      happy over his dumb luck on this
>                      one.
cut
DISCLAIMER:
"I am not responsible for content, accuracy, performance or availability of
more information concerning this matter."