Turning point: Malone

Without knowing anything of what the new CBA will bring, I think that
Malone's demands will determine the direction for salary's in the NBA. Just
like Webber, Garnett deals set the tone for the current level of outrageous
salaries, the Malone deal will determine if we continue down the same
disastrous road, or if the owners in the NBA have really come to their
senses. If someone gives Malone $20 mil just because he whines for it and
demands the "respect" it brings, then nothing has changed. But, if the
owners have the sense not to give into Malone and pay him something less,
then you maybe we do have a new attitude in the NBA. Other players will see
that Malone couldn't get his way by playing bully with the Jazz, and maybe
they will be less likely to try similar "break the bank for me or I walk"
strategies. This could bring a new cooperation between players and owners
once they realize that a line has been drawn.

Guess we'll just have to wait (and wait...) to see what happens. I hope that
Malone has to swallow his pride and accept a deal that will still make him
obscenely rich.

Nathan A.
Release, Rotation, Splash!

The North Bend Sports Page: http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430

Nebraska Cornhuskers, Simply the best.
1994, 1995, 1997...

Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.