Re: Webber's agent spins

I do care if any NBA player lights up a blunt right before taking the court.
He is in the spotlight and as such is treated to a different standard.  They
choose their careers, no one is forcing them to play a game for millions.
I do not want my pilot lighting up and I don't want NBA players lighting up.
As a fan I feel cheated if an athlete is not performing at his peak ability on
a given day because he does something stupid like lighting up a joint.  I pay a
lot of money to see a NBA game, and I really don't want to waste it on a bunch
of drowsy NBA players with the munchies.  I agree that NBA shouldn't have to
have special laws banning substances, but other professions do.  I work as a
computer programmer and I'm not allowed to smoke dope at my job.  Do I hold the
lives of millions in the balance?  No I hardly think so.  I'm sure at your job
you have similiar rules of conduct.  I would be punished/fired at my job if I
smoked dope, so why not NBA players?

Shawn

Originally from Cecil Wright: